The European Fund for the Balkans (EFB) launches a new call for applications within its “THINK AND LINK” – Regional Policy Programme. The programme seeks to foster inclusive and evidence-based policy making in the Western Balkans by initiating research projects embedded in a regional capacity building and networking programme cycle.
The programme is addressed to: emerging think-tanks, policy oriented NGOs, independent policy institutes and policy relevant research groups.
Applicants must apply for participation in the programme cycle (capacity building and networking seminars, mentoring) and submit a research project proposal on a topic relevant from the perspective of the Copenhagen criteria.
The EU membership criteria require that the candidate country must have achieved:
- stability of institutions guaranteeing democracy, the rule of law, human rights and respect for and protection of minorities;
- the existence of a functioning market economy as well as the capacity to cope with competitive pressure and market forces within the Union;
- the ability to take on the obligations of membership including adherence to the aims of political, economic & monetary union.
This process of transformation can take place in the areas which are identified as research topics of the Programme and correspond to the acquis communautaire.
EXPECTED PROGRAMME OUTPUTS:
- policy papers based on sound research;
- public debate triggered by innovative, effective and efficient outreach activities;
- capacity building and training component;
- new co-operation and communication channels within the regional think-tank scene
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must complete the following form in English only:
1. Application form
- description of the applicant organisation
- description of the research project
- dissemination strategy
- motivation for participation in the capacity building and networking programme cycle
- project budget form
To apply, please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should include: the word „APPLICATION09“. Applications will be accepted via email only. Applications which are not sent to email@example.com will not be considered.
Call for Applications Programme Description Application form
PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS AND KEY DATES
Application deadline: September 20, 2009.
Final decisions communicated to applicants: by October 15, 2009.
Think and Link Programme duration: November 2009 – October 2010
Capacity building seminar (I seminar): November, 2009.
Research period: December 1, 2009 – July 31, 2010.
Final papers to be submitted by: August 1, 2010.
Final seminar (II Seminar): September 2010.
Feel free to distribute this call.